Saturday 23 January 2016

Play dough - hit or just a mess!!!




So, today I've decided to embark on a real MYO (make your own) day! 
Of course i'm back on Pinterest to see what I can make without having to go out and actually buying anything! 

Now there's a thing! Is it just me or do you to look at these projects that look oh so simple and then you realise you have to go out and buy a car full of goods. And is it just me or does that not add up from a monitory point of view?. 
Anyway that's a little rant that I am quite sure I will cover a lot more in the future!
😕

So, I  opened my kitchen cupboard and looked to see what I could create?
With a small person asking to help, and feeling not really in the mood for the mess that baking can bring when done with a five and three quarter year old, I had a lightbulb moment. .....play dough. Now I am going to be honest about this  I have tried to make Play dough before and have only come up with an odd smelling, gloopy mess. That's a very accurate description I have to say!  
So I was a little sceptical. After looking for the 'best' recipe (as if I would really know whether it was the best or not!) I found this:-https://www.pinterest.com/pin/382876405797342499/
Microwave play dough - well it was the one thing that ticked all the boxes. 
So off I went and to be honest it all came together pretty well. I wasn't so sure about the microwaving and whether it would then turn into a burnt mess. But it was prefect. 





The result:-



Good looking hippos 😉

So all in all this was definitely a success. After an awful lot of years, I was thrilled to have created what the little person called brill dough - and if she's happy, then so am I. 

So I'm off back to find the next challenge from the wonderful world of Pinterest.







No comments:

Post a Comment