Thursday 28 January 2016

Pillow bed



So as you can see I am embarking on my Pinterest journey cautiously! 
Realistically as much as I want to build a man cave from pallets, it's probably best I start at a more simpler level.

Something practical I thought. 
Something that we can use. 

Because that is the problem isn't it, we love these ideas we come across but do we really need them?



Found this really easy tutorial. 

So what did I use and how much did it cost?

Pillows - I have about twenty of the things. So I used five of them.
Four pillow cases - I got two packs of two pillowcases from Primark which cost £1.80 a pack - total £3.60.
And of course thread which I already had. 

So total cost was just £3.60, pretty good so far. 

I literally sewed the the sides of the pillow cases together - just that, three lines of sewing. And that's it. I decided to put two pillows in the first pillowcase to bulk it out, and then just one pillow into the three other pillowcases. That's it. 

Verdict from my 5 3/4 year old? Wonderful. It's been everywhere. The floor (that's what it's meant for) but also on her bed, she said it made it extra soft, folded into a 'seat' to watch t.v. 

It works - it's easy - it's cheap. 

Have a go, especially if you have a little one they are brilliant. 

The smile says it all! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a successful second project! Looks fab! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was looking to do something a bit more challenging next time. If you find anything you want me to try out - pass it my way

      Delete