Sunday 10 April 2016

cakes and things. (video)





I wanted to write a separate blog about a very old friend.
Not that she's old you understand, but I have known her since nursery, since we were both five. We went through school together and when we left school life took us in different directions.
After too many years, (we are both of course in our thirties don't you know ;o)) we met up again and it was like all those years missing, had never been!

The strange think was we had so many things still in common, especially our love of all things creative. 

Now, I have had a go at most things in the craft world from rug making to paper craft, cake making included. And whilst I enjoyed myself, I have to admit my baking creations do look like a... 'good try' shall we say! And when Sharon said she made cakes, I couldn't help but instantly think that just like me she too liked to have a 'good try' at them. 

How wrong was I !!!

Last year I asked her to make a frozen cake for the small person.

What did I expect?
In all honesty I expected a cake in pale blue and white with some snow flakes and a bit of glitter. 
I wasn't prepared for the beautiful cake and perfect cupcakes that she produced.  Each cupcake in a little bag tied with a ribbon. Each cake had a picture of a character on. The dome on top of the cake housed the famous figures. All in all, it was amazing. Far from a 'good try', it was breath taking. 
So this year I just threw the theme at her. Alice in wonderland - do what you like with it. And boy did she do it! 



It was beautiful, bright and clever. Yes, clever. You just had to keep looking at it just in case you had missed some perfect little detail. It also tasted delicious. I know how could I cut it? It was hard, and I have to admit I felt somewhat guilty cutting into something that had quite obviously had so much love and care put into it.

Any occasion, any theme. She always leaves me amazed. Her imagination, her skill and her attention to detail make any cake the centrepiece of any party.

Take a look at her brilliant creations.
You find this talented lady on Instagram : http://instagram.com/sharonmacks









No comments:

Post a Comment