Tuesday 31 May 2016

Half term weather hell !

So the wonderful May half term is upon us and yes of course it's cold and raining.

So what do you do that doesn't cost a fortune and isn't a bore for you as a parent?

I have to confess to coming across this little half term gem purely by accident. 
Whilst out with the small person looking for a Venus fly trap for her school homework we ended up at Wyvale garden centre at Cruz Hill in Enfield. 

The small person loves it there because they have a soft play area attached to the cafe - her two favorite things, so I can happily look around and she knows where we will end up, everyone is happy! 

Although we didn't get a Venus fly trap we did come across this. 


In the corner of the cafe I noticed a lady with trays and pens and paper and soil. So I thought I'd go and see what was going on whilst we waited for our lunch. What a find, today was perfect pollinator, just for £2.50.


So I asked if there was room for one more and the lady said there was. We had a great time. Mummy's and Daddy's can help, or not if you don't want to, all in the comfort of their lovely cafe. 
I wondered what else they had lined up. Details are as the flyer below.

So Wednesday and Thursday - buzzing bakery. For £5.00 - check their website for availability.

Friday - bee hotel £2.50, again check the website. 

Five star fun, with a bit of something for everyone. 

See wyevalegardencentres.co.uk/events for more details 

We had a fab time as you can see. 


2 comments:

  1. We love Crews Hill, we're members of The Gardening Club round the corner which also has a nice cafe, and Venus fly traps!! (I could've got you one had I known!) This looks fab, I'll have to remember the soft play for future reference! And Cosmos are one of my favourite flowers! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soft play is lovely. Oh I know where I've got to go, good old gardening club, have to meet up there next time you go. I will keep you updated on the cosmos and whether it attracts the bees like its meant to. xx

    ReplyDelete